Two Ton Bourbon Pecan Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cups bourbon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 pound dark brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 pounds chopped pecans
- 7 ounces pecan halves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an angel food cake
- Sift flour, baking powder and nutmeg together in large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix 3/4 cup of the bourbon, milk and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer at medium speed to beat the butter until
smooth and creamy. Beat in brown sugar until the mixture is fluffy. Add the eggs
to the mixture, beating one in at a time. Mix the flour mixture and the bourbon
mixture into the large bowl, small amounts at a time. Using a wooden spoon, stir
the pecan pieces into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared angel food
cake pan. Arrange the pecan halves in circles on top of cake. Cover the pan with
- Bake for 1 hour 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes.
- Let the cake cool 20 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- Pierce the cake with a fork or knife in a few places and
pour remaining 1 cup bourbon over the cake.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Cake Recipes