This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Bavarian Apple Torte
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup honey1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups Golden Delicious apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- Crust: Cream butter, honey and vanilla extract. Blend into flour, pat into greased
9-inch springform pan (bottom and up sides enough to accommodate filling and topping).
- Filling: Combine cheese and honey; mix well; add egg and vanilla extract; mix
and pour into pastry lined pan.
- Topping: Place sliced apples on top of the filling (in circular pattern) sprinkle
with almonds, and cinnamon and drizzle with honey as uniformly as possible.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees F for approximately 25 minutes more.
- Cool and refrigerate.