This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Caramel Pumpkin Torte
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 6 egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 3/4 cup buttery cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce, divided
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat egg yolks, pumpkin, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar at high speed until foamy. Beat in
sugar 2 tablespoons at a time until whites are glossy and stand in Soft Peaks.
Fold in egg yolk mixture, pecans, dates and cracker crumbs. Pour into two greased
8-inch round cake pans.
- Bake in 350 degrees F oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean,
25 to 30 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Loosen cakes from sides of pans with thin knife. Gently Shake cakes out
of pans onto racks.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons caramel sauce in small
bowl until smooth.
- Place one torte layer on serving plate. Spread with half the cream cheese
mixture. Top with second torte layer. Spread with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, drizzle remaining caramel sauce over top of cake.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Nutrition Information Per Serving calories: 453 total fat: 22g saturated
fat: 9g polyunsaturated fat: 3g monounsaturated fat: 7g cholesterol: 175mg sodium:
369mg carbohydrates: 58g dietary fiber: 3g protein: 9g
vitamin A: 8,842.7 IU vitamin D: 34.9 IU folate: 38.4mcg calcium: 83.2mg
iron: 1.9mg choline: 103.6mg
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
American Egg Board