This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chocolate Praline Torte
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate curls (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and cream. Stir over low heat until
butter is melted. Pour into two greased 9-inch round cake pans. Sprinkle with pecans;
- Torte: Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Carefully pour batter over
pecans. Bake at 325 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick comes
out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Topping: Beat cream in a mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar and
vanilla extract; beat until stiff.
- Place one cake layer, pecan side up, on a serving plate. Spread with half of
the topping. Top with second cake layer and remaining topping. Garnish with chocolate
curls if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings