Gingersnap Pumpkin Mousse Torte
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed gingersnaps
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/2 cup light cream or half-and-half
- 3 beaten egg yolks
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 of an 8 ounce container frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Mix gingersnaps, chopped pecans, and margarine or butter. Press onto bottom and
1 1/2 inches up sides of an 8-inch springform pan (or press into a 9-inch pie plate.)
Bake in a 350 degree F oven 10 to 12 minutes or until edge is golden. Cool.
- In a saucepan mix sugar and gelatine. Stir in cream, egg yolks, and water. Cook
and stir over low heat until gelatine is dissolved and mixture just begins to bubble.
Remove from heat. Stir in pumpkin and spice. Cool 20 to 30 minutes.
- Fold dessert topping into gelatine mixture. Spread evenly in crust. Top with
pecan halves. Cover; chill 6 hours or until set. Loosen sides of pan. Drizzle with
ice cream topping.
Yield: 8 servings
Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare as directed. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
From the kitchen of Laura King.