This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 lemon, grated rind and juice
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1/2 pound almonds, chopped fine
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted 3 times
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (12 ounce) jar jam or preserves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar well. Add yolks, flavoring and almonds. Add flour mixed
with baking powder, and fold in the stiffly beaten whites. Roll out or pat two-thirds
of the dough in a greased and floured 9-inch springform pan having the dough a little
thicker on the bottom than the sides. Fill with jam. Roll remaining dough. Cut in
strips and place crisscross on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Before serving, fill hollows on top with jam.