Raspberry Nabisco Torte
- 2 packages frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1/2 pound Nabisco wafers, crushed (vanilla wafers can be used)
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 egg yolks and 1 whole egg
- 2 packages raspberry-currant Danish Dessert
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups whipping cream (Cool Whip can be used)
- Crush Nabisco vanilla wafers (save 1/2 cup for top), put into a buttered 9 x
- Cream butter. Add sugar and beat well. Add egg yolks and egg, 1 at a time. Spread
on the vanilla wafers. Let chill.
- Using the raspberry juice and enough water to make a total of 3 1/2 cups of liquid,
make up both packages of raspberry-currant Danish Dessert.
- When this cools, gently fold in drained raspberries. Sprinkle nutmeats over chilled
sugar mixture, then Danish Dessert and then whipped cream. Top with the remaining
vanilla wafer crumbs.
It is best made at least 12 hours ahead. (Frozen strawberries and strawberry
Danish Dessert may be used instead of raspberries.)