This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Raspberry-Walnut Filled Almond
Torte with Rum Icing
- 8 eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 pound almonds, grated
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup raspberry jelly
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons rum
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- Torte: Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until light. Add almonds, bread crumbs and
lemon juice and rind. Fold in lightly the stiffly beaten whites, and the flour and
baking powder which have been mixed together. Pour into prepared pan, and bake for
- Allow cake to cool, then cut into two layers and fill with 1 cup raspberry jelly
and 1 cup chopped walnuts. Spread top and sides with Rum Icing.
- Rum Icing: Stir ingredients until smooth. Spread on cake. Decorate with walnut
halves if desired.