This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Sugar Plum Torte
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup lingonberries
- 2/3 cup plum preserves
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Combine coconut, sugar, flour and butter; blend well.
- Press mixture into a greased 8-inch springform pan or 8-inch square pan. Bake
at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Chill.
- Combine preserves and spread half of mixture over crust.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, pecans, milk and almond
extract; mix well and spread evenly over preserves.
- Combine whipping cream and 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, beating until fluffy
(whipped topping may be substituted). Spoon over cream cheese layer. Freeze until
firm. Let sit at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with remaining preserves.