This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 7 eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cold milk
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Torte: Beat whites until frothy. Add 1/2 cup sugar gradually; beat until stiff. Beat
yolks until thick. Add remaining sugar gradually and beat. Combine the two mixtures.
- Sift the flour with cornstarch, baking powder and salt and fold in carefully.
Pour into 4 greased and floured 8-inch layer cake pans.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Cool.
- Filling: Heat milk in double boiler. Mix flour, sugar and cold milk. Add to heated
milk and stir until thick, then cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- When cool, add melted
butter; mix well. Add vanilla extract and confectioners' sugar. Spread this
between the four layers and on top and sides. Cover well with chopped nuts.