This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Walnut Pumpkin Torte
Coffeecake or dessert? You decide - so versatile; you'll have to try all 3 toppings.
- 1 cup walnuts, California chopped
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups C&H Pure Cane Golden Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 cup pumpkin, canned
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ginger, baking soda (each)
- C&H Pure Cane Powdered Sugar (for sifting on top)
- Walnuts, California chopped (for garnish)
Brandied Whipped Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon C&H Pure Cane Powdered Sugar
Cane Sugar Glaze
- 3/4 cup C&H Pure Cane Ultrafine Baker's Sugar™
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Torte: Toss walnuts and raisins with two tablespoons of the flour to coat; set
aside. In medium saucepan melt butter; blend in sugar to melt. Remove from heat;
stir in pumpkin and vanilla extract. Whisk in eggs, one at a time.
- Combine remaining flour, spices, baking powder and soda; stir in pumpkin
mixture. Add walnut-raisin mixture; mix just to blend. Turn into greased and
floured 9-inch spring form pan or Bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes
clean. Cool on rack for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Serve torte with powdered sugar dusted on top and garnish with chopped walnuts
or top with Brandied Whipped Cream or drizzle cooled torte with Cane Sugar Glaze.
- Brandied Whipped Cream: Whip cream with brandy to form soft peaks; beat
in the 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Serve torte warm or cooled, with Brandied Whipped Cream on top or served
on the side.
- Cane Sugar Glaze: In a small saucepan, heat water, sugar and cornstarch.
Cook over low heat, stirring until clear. Cool.
- Pour and drizzle glaze over cake or pie.
Serves 6 to 8.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
C&H Sugar Company, Inc. - chsugar.com