Chocolate Cherry Upside-Down Cake
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread pie filling into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Stir flour with the sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine water, oil, vinegar and vanilla extract.
- Add the liquid to the dry mixture and stir just until moistened; pour into the pan over
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert pan onto a plate; cool completely.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Upside-Down Cake Recipes