Chocolate Fudge Upside Down Cake
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- Cream together sugar and butter. Add milk. Stir well.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa. Add to milk mixture. Stir
- Pour into greased 9-inch round cake pan. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Mix together sugar, brown sugar and cocoa. Sprinkle over top of dough and nuts
- Pour boiling water over all. Do not stir.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool in pan.
- Cut into wedge pieces. Turn upside down to serve, spooning
sauce over top.
- Serve with ice cream.
Yield: 8 servings