Coconut-Pecan Upside Down Cake
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in small saucepan.
- Remove from heat; stir in brown
sugar, coconut, pecans, chocolate morsels, and milk. Blend well.
- Spread mixture
evenly in bottom of 9-inch round cake pan. Set aside.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl.
- Add remaining
butter, vanilla extract, water, and egg. Beat batter until smooth.
- Pour over coconut-pecan
mixture in pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then turn out onto plate.