Coconut-Pecan Upside Down Cake
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in small saucepan.
- Remove from heat; stir in brown
sugar, coconut, pecans, chocolate morsels, and milk. Blend well.
- Spread mixture
evenly in bottom of 9-inch round cake pan. Set aside.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl.
- Add remaining
butter, vanilla extract, water, and egg. Beat batter until smooth.
- Pour over coconut-pecan
mixture in pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then turn out onto plate.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.