Death by Chocolate Upside-Down Cake
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 -1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 chopped white chocolate bar
- 3 1/2 cups (about 1 pound) confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Cake: Sprinkle coconut and pecans evenly over bottom of greased pan.
- In large bowl mix cake mix, oil, water and eggs at a low speed until moistened.
Beat 2 minutes at high speed. Add chocolate chips and white chocolate. Spoon batter
evenly over coconut and pecans.
- Frosting: In another large bowl combine confectioners' sugar, butter
and cream cheese. Beat until smooth and creamy. Spoon evenly over batter to within
1 inch of edges.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until cake tests done.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.