Death by Chocolate Upside-Down Cake
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 -1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 chopped white chocolate bar
- 3 1/2 cups (about 1 pound) confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Cake: Sprinkle coconut and pecans evenly over bottom of greased pan.
- In large bowl mix cake mix, oil, water and eggs at a low speed until moistened.
Beat 2 minutes at high speed. Add chocolate chips and white chocolate. Spoon batter
evenly over coconut and pecans.
- Frosting: In another large bowl combine confectioners' sugar, butter
and cream cheese. Beat until smooth and creamy. Spoon evenly over batter to within
1 inch of edges.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until cake tests done.