Deep Dish Apple Pie Upside-Down Cake
- 1 Mrs. Smith's Deep Dish Apple Pie, baked according to package directions and cooled
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow pound cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups caramel sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 green apple for garnish, cored and sliced
- 8 individual-serving-size bake-proof ramekins or souffl cups
- Parchment or wax paper cut into circles to cover bottoms of baking cups
- Heat oven to 360 degrees F.
- Prepare pound cake batter according to package directions and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, break up apple pie – crust and all – into bite-size pieces.
- Butter bottom and sides of ramekins and place circle of parchment or wax paper
at bottom of each.
- Place 3 tablespoons of caramel sauce in bottom of each ramekin;
top with 3 to 4 tablespoons of apple pie pieces spread evenly over the caramel.
- Carefully spoon cake batter into each ramekin to fill to just below the rim. Place
filled ramekins on baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 360 degrees F. Cakes are done when a wooden pick inserted
in center comes out clean.
- Let ramekins cool for 45 minutes to an hour.
- To serve, run knife around sides of each cake; place dessert plate on top of
ramekin and flip over, jostling dish slightly to remove cake and sauce.
- Garnish with whipped cream and fresh apple slices.
Source: Recipe by: "Mrs. Smith"
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.