Dole's Fast Upside-Down Cake
- 1 (20 ounce) can sliced pineapples in syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 1 (16 ounce) box pound cake mix
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain pineapple, reserving syrup (should have 3/4 cup.)
- Melt butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet with heatproof handle.
- Stir in brown sugar until just blended. Remove from heat.
- Arrange pineapple in butter mixture.
- Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice.
- Prepare cake according to package directions, substituting the pineapple syrup
for milk or water. Pour over pineapple in skillet.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate and serve warm.
Yield: 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.