French Apple Upside-Down Cake
- 4 or 5 peeled, cored and sliced apples
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Topping: Arrange apple slices in prepared 13 x 9-inch cake pan.
- Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples.
- Combine melted butter and lemon juice. Drizzle over apples.
- Cake: In a large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water and oil. Beat on medium
speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter evenly over fruit mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then turn upside down onto a large platter or a cookie sheet.
- Serve warm.
Serves: 12 to 16
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Upside-Down Cake Recipes