Gingerbread Peach Upside-Down Cake
- 4 cups peeled, coarsely chopped ripe peaches
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, toss the peaches with the brown sugar and lemon juice. Spoon
the mixture into the prepared cake pan and spread it in an even layer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ginger.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and molasses and mix until smooth.
- Add reserved dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk,
mixing to form a thick, smooth batter.
- Spread batter evenly over peaches.
- Bake until the cake springs back when lightly touched, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes; then invert the cake onto a large serving platter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Per serving: 420.4 calories, 5.9 grams protein, 63.8 grams carbohydrates,
16.8 grams total fat, 77.3 milligrams cholesterol, 9.9 grams saturated fat, 2.8
grams dietary fiber, 629.5 milligrams sodium
Yield: 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Upside-Down Cake Recipes