Holiday Peach Caramel Upside-Down Cake
A sweet ending to the perfect meal. Great for special occasions!
- 2 cans (15.25 ounces each) Del Monte® Yellow Cling Sliced Peaches in 100% Juice
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 box yellow cake
- Drain peaches reserving syrup for sauce.
- Combine 4 ounces unsalted butter, brown sugar, reserved syrup from peaches, and
evaporated milk; cook over medium heat until syrupy, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Use remaining 2 tablespoons butter to grease 13
x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Pour caramel sauce in pan, and arrange peaches over bottom; sprinkle with cinnamon
and chopped pecans.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour over fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before unmolding. Serve with ice cream and additional sliced
peaches, if desired.
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 30 min
Total Time: 45 min | Serves: 16
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Del Monte Foods