Orange Cranberry Upside-Down Cake
- Valencia orange slices, 3/8-inch thick
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 6 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup milk, room temperature
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons chocolate extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drop orange slices and cranberries into boiling water, re-boil, drain, and set
- Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 ounces butter and 1 tablespoon water. Heat, stirring
- Pour into buttered 9-inch nonstick cake pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Melt 4 ounces butter in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat and beat in milk, egg, and extracts.
- Combine with flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Place orange slices in cake pan and fill spaces with cranberries.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar evenly over fruit, then spoon cake mixture on top.
- Bake until golden and a wooden pick comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.
- Cool for 6-8 minutes, then invert onto serving plate.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Upside-Down Cake Recipes