Peach and Coconut Upside-Down Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 large can or jar (24 to 29 ounces) peach slices in light or regular syrup
- 8 tablespoons butter (4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reserved syrup from peaches
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup (4 ounce) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (stir lightly before measuring)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- Drain peaches, reserving 2 tablespoons of the syrup.
- Melt the 8 tablespoons butter in a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir in brown sugar,
reserved syrup, and coconut. Spread to evenly cover bottom.
- Arrange peach slices, cut side up, over coconut mixture.
- In mixing bowl, beat 1/2 cup softened butter until light.
- Beat in granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs; blend well.
- Blend in vanilla extract.
- Into another bowl, measure flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually beat dry ingredients into the first mixture, alternating with milk.
Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter evenly over peaches then spread to cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees F
for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes
out with no cake batter clinging.
- Cool in pan for 5 to 8 minutes before inverting onto serving plate.
- To invert onto saving plate; gently run a knife along sides so no cake will cling to sides
of pan, then cover the cake pan with the serving plate. Using pot holders and both
hands, carefully turn the whole thing over so the cake will easily drop onto the
plate in one piece. It might still be a little messy and gooey, so you could keep
a cookie sheet on your work area until the cake is safely on the platter.
- Slice and serve warm, with whipped topping or ice cream if desired.
Serves 6 to 8.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Upside-Down Cake Recipes