Peach Upside-Down Cake
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (29 ounce) can peach halves
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pour butter into a 9-inch round baking pan; sprinkle with brown sugar.
peaches, reserving 6 tablespoons of syrup.
- Arrange peach halves, cut side down in a single layer over the sugar.
- Sprinkle coconut around peaches; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored; gradually beat in
- Add extract and reserved syrup.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add
to egg mixture and mix well. Pour over peaches.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to
60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a serving plate.
- Serve warm.
Yields 6 to 8 servings.