Peach Velvet Upside-Down Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 (1 pound) can sliced peaches, drained
- 9 maraschino cherry halves
- 1 1/3 cups Bisquick
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons margarine over low heat in 9-inch round layer pan.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar; arrange peach slices and cherries in pan. Set aside.
- In mixer bowl mix Bisquick, sugar, 1/4 cup of the milk, 3 tablespoons margarine,
egg and vanilla extract. Beat at medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup milk;
continue beating for 30 seconds.
- Pour batter over fruit.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until done.
- Invert at once over serving plate. (Allow pan to remain over cake so sugar will
run down over cake.)
- Serve warm, plain or with whipped cream.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Upside-Down Cake Recipes