Pecan Pie Upside-Down Cake
We love upside-down cakes, and this unbeatable combination of pecan pie and upside-down cake is no exception. Brown sugar, melted butter and pecan halves are mixed together and spread in a cake pan, which then gets topped with a sweet Bisquick™ batter, baked, and drizzled with a powdered sugar-milk glaze. The end result is a gooey pecan pie layer that sits atop a fluffy—yet dense—cake, instead of a pie crust.
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray; line with cooking parchment paper.
- Topping: In medium bowl, stir melted butter, brown sugar and water until well blended. Stir in pecans to coat evenly. Pour into pan, and spread pecans in an even layer; set aside.
- Cake: In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter evenly over pecan mixture in pan.
- Bake for 29 to 34 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Cool pan on cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- Place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Replace any pecans that may still be in pan on top of cake. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Glaze: In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons of the milk until well blended. If too thick to drizzle, add additional milk, 1/4 teaspoon at a time. Drizzle with fork over top.
- For 8 servings, cut into 8 wedges.
- Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
Prep: 20 min | Bake: 34 min | Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.