Pineapple Rum Upside Down Cake
- 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or superfine sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 sour cream (room temperature)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 4 cherries, cut in half
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda; beat butter until creamy.
- Add sugar; beat.
- Add vanilla extract and egg. Beat until fluffy.
- Stir in half the flour mixture to moisten. Beat.
- Add sour cream. Beat.
- Stir in remaining flour mixture. Beat for 30 seconds.
- Melt butter in 9 x 5-inch loaf pan or small skillet.
- Blend brown sugar, rum and salt into butter. Spread over bottom of pan.
- Drain pineapple slices, and arrange in pan.
- Place cherry half in each pineapple slice, rounded side down.
- Pour batter over all.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Yields: 4 to 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Upside-Down Cake Recipes