Pineapple Upside-Down Gouda Cake
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple sauce, divided
- 3 to 4 canned pineapple rings, drained (do not use fresh pineapple)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded Wisconsin Gouda cheese
- Heavy cream, whipped (optional)
- Line the bottom of a round 8 x 2-inch cake pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar and 1/4 cup of the pineapple sauce. Pour into
the prepared cake pan.
- Arrange pineapple slices over mixture. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and beat on low speed until well-combined.
- Stir in remaining pineapple sauce and cheese.
- Pour batter over pineapple slices in cake pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Carefully invert onto serving platter. Remove pan and paper.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 241 calories, 29 grams carbohydrate, 6
grams protein, 11 grams fat, 86 milligrams cholesterol, 306 milligrams sodium, 132
milligrams calcium. (99 calories or 41% of calories from fat)
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.