Pineapple Upside-Down Mini Bundts
- 6 maraschino cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, syrup reserved (divided)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (16 to 17 ounce) box pound cake mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine cherries, 1/2 cup drained pineapple, brown sugar and melted butter.
- Spoon into greased Bundt muffin tin, multi-mini Bundt pan or jumbo muffin pan, dividing
- Prepare pound cake mix according to package directions, using pineapple syrup
- Stir in lemon peel, vanilla extract and remaining drained crushed pineapple.
- Spoon into pan, over pineapple mixture, filling each of the six cups nearly full.
- Place remaining batter into greased and floured 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until cakes test done and tops are
lightly browned. (Loaf pan may take a few minutes longer.)
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes,
then turn out onto wire rack or serving plate to complete cooling.
Makes 6 muffins or mini-Bundts, plus one loaf cake.
If desired, pineapple-brown sugar mixture can be doubled, and half can
be placed in the loaf pan before adding batter. An 8-inch square pan could be used,
too, but cake will not bake as long.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Upside-Down Cake Recipes