Raspberry Upside Down Petit-Four Cake
Serve warm in small pieces with raspberries as a dessert with coffee.
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate
- 3 1/2 ounces soft butter
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel (only the yellow)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon hot milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and generously grease a baking 9-inch square or round
- Push the jam through a sieve, bring it to a boil with the cream and break the
chocolate in pieces so that it can melt in this mixture.
- Pour the chocolate mixture in the baking dish.
- Beat eggs and sugar fluffy, and beat in the eggs, one by one.
- Mix flour, baking powder and lemon peel and bring the milk to a boil.
- Alternate flour mixture and milk and fold it into the batter.
- Pour the batter over the chocolate mixture in the dish.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and let it sit for five minutes.
- Shake the pan lightly so that you can ensure it no longer sticks to the sides.
Unmold onto a serving platter so that the sauce is on top. Even out the surface
Makes 1 cake, 12 - 16 pieces