Sumptuous Peach Upside-Down Cake
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cups canned peach slices, drained
- 6 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Spread butter in bottom of 8-inch round cake pan and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Arrange peaches and cherries on brown sugar.
- Cream the shortening and sugar in a bowl. Add the egg and beat well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together and add to creamed mixture alternately
with mixture of orange rind and juice. Pour over peaches carefully.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Invert over serving plate and remove cake from cake pan.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Posted by Cookin'Mom at Recipe Goldmine 8/18/2001 7:38 pm.
Source: The Peach Sampler
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Upside-Down Cake Recipes