Upside Down German Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (4 ounce) package German sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Topping: Over low heat, melt butter and brown sugar.
- When sugar is dissolved, spread in a 9-inch square pan.
- Place pecans and sprinkle coconut in pan. Drizzle with milk.
- Cake: Cream butter and sugar.
- Stir in melted chocolate, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Pour gently into pan over topping mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes. A wooden pick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before inverting on a serving plate.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 14, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Upside-Down Cake Recipes