Upside-Down Pumpkin Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons almond liqueur, divided
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin puree or 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 2-inch deep 10-inch pan or skillet.
- Stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons almond liqueur. Mix well.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Set aside.
- Cream remaining 1/2 cup butter with remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 cup granulated
sugar and eggs.
- Stir in 1 cup pumpkin.
- Combine flour with baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and
- Blend into creamed mixture alternating with milk.
- Carefully spoon mixture over almonds; level top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Invert onto rack lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Place on serving plate.
- Whip heavy cream with 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff. Blend in remaining pumpkin
and 2 tablespoons almond liqueur.
- Serve pumpkin cream with warm or cool cake.
Yield: 10 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Upside-Down Cake Recipes