White Almond Sour Cream Wedding Cake
- 2 (18 ounce) boxes white cake mix
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 large egg whites, room temperature
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour cake pans.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir together with a wire
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour prepared cake pans, filling each pan about half full. Lightly
tap cake pans on counter to bring air bubbles to top. Cut through batter with a
wooden pick or tip of a knife to break large bubbles.
- Bake until cake tests done.