This is an Australian recipe. Camp oven refers to a cast iron Dutch oven.
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 1/2 cup water or milk
- 1 tin baked beans
- 1/2 cup diced bacon
- 3 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cheese or enough to cover the pizza
- Mix the flour and water to a nice firm dough. With a little flour on a board,
roll out enough dough to cover the dish you are using for the base of the pizza.
Then roll enough dough to go around the edge of the dish. This is to keep the mixture
in and should be about 1/2 inch high.
- Now place the base of the pizza in a pre-heated camp oven. Set the camp oven
on a shovel of hot coals then cover the lid with very hot coals.
- After about 8 to 10 minutes, check to see if the base is cooked. It will vary
with the heat of the coals. When base is cooked, remove from camp oven and place
baked beans on the base first. Then place cheese, bacon, finishing off with the
- Return to hot camp oven with plenty of hot coals on top of the lid. Leave until
bacon and mushrooms are cooked. Be very careful not to burn yourself when removing
the pizza from the camp oven.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.