- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter with 1 cup brown sugar.
- Stir in oats, wheat flour, white flour, wheat germ and orange peel.
Press mixture into bottom of an ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine eggs, almonds, chocolate chips, dates, apricots,
coconut and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar. Mix gently, but thoroughly. Pour over butter mixture. Spread
evenly in pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes and cool before cutting into bars.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.