This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cabbage Patch Stew
- 1 pound ground meat - beef, turkey, venison
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Bisquick dumplings
- Cook and stir ground meat in Dutch oven until browned. Drain.
- Add onions, cabbage
and celery. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are light brown.
- Stir in tomatoes,
and kidney beans (with liquid), water, salt, pepper and chili powder. Heat to boiling,
then reduce heat and simmer until cabbage is tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare Bisquick dumplings. Drop by spoonsful into boiling stew. Cook
uncovered 10 minutes.
- Cover and cook another 10 minutes.