Cabbage Patch Stew
- 1 pound ground meat - beef, turkey, venison
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Bisquick dumplings
- Cook and stir ground meat in Dutch oven until browned. Drain.
- Add onions, cabbage and celery. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are light
- Stir in tomatoes, and kidney beans (with liquid), water, salt, pepper and
chili powder. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat and simmer until cabbage is tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare Bisquick dumplings. Drop by spoonsful into boiling
stew. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.