- 4 cups shredded dried hash brown potatoes
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 pounds ground meat or sausage
- Assorted seasonings to taste
- 6 cups water
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Brown the meat in the bottom of a Dutch oven. Break up the meat as it cooks assuring
that all the pink (raw) meat is cooked.
- Add the water and soup mix, stirring to
mix well. Heat to boiling and simmer a few minutes.
- Add the dry potatoes and stir
to mix. Cover the pot and move to the edge of the fire for about 10 minutes to allow
the potatoes to swell up.
- Move the pot back on the heat and stir while cooking the
potatoes. Cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Seasonings may be added with the potatoes to taste. Hot peppers, chili powder,
basil and Italian seasonings are good. The meat may be hamburger, sausage, Italian
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Camping and Hiking Recipes