- 4 potatoes, sliced
- 4 onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 10 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced and cut into strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a large square of heavy aluminum foil.
- Arrange sliced potatoes on foil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover with sliced onions.
- Add pats of butter or margarine.
- Wrap and seal foil.
- Cook over hot coals on a grill until done (30 or 40 minutes depending on fire).
- Open foil and add Cheddar strips.
- Cover again and grill for a couple of minutes, just until cheese melts.