- 4 potatoes, sliced
- 4 onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 10 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced and cut into strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a large square of heavy aluminum foil.
- Arrange sliced potatoes on foil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover with sliced onions.
- Add pats of butter or margarine.
- Wrap and seal foil.
- Cook over hot coals on a grill until done (30 or 40 minutes depending on fire).
- Open foil and add Cheddar strips.
- Cover again and grill for a couple of minutes, just until cheese melts.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.