- 2 (21 ounce) cans raspberry pie filling
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Prepare grill or campfire for low heat, using 16-20 charcoal briquettes or large
- Line a Dutch oven with heavy duty aluminum foil; add pie filling.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, water and oil. Spread over pie filling.
- Cover Dutch oven. When briquettes or wood chips are covered with white ash, place
Dutch oven directly on top of 8-10 of them. Using long handled tongs, place remaining briquettes on pan, cover.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in
topping comes out clean. To check for doneness, use the tongs to carefully lift the cover.
- Serve with ice cream if desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.