Chewy Walnut Trail Bars
Baked ahead of time, these nutrition-packed walnut trail bars are the perfect
snack for long trips, hikes or even work commutes.
- 3 cups oats, old fashioned, rolled
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, light, packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups California walnuts, coarsely chopped
cup cherries or cranberries, dried
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup apricots,
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In bowl, whisk together oats, brown sugar, flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
Stir in walnuts, cherries, chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, coconut and sesame
seeds; set aside.
- In food processor, process apricots until broken up, about 1 minute. Add
butter, process until a paste forms, about 1 minute. With motor running, pour in
honey until well blended. Fold into oat mixture until well combined. Pat evenly
into a parchment-lined 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Bake in the center of oven until golden, about 30 minutes. Transfer to rack
to cool completely.
- Cut into bars (2 x 12 rows or 8 x 3 rows).
Total Time 45 Mins
Cook Time 30 Mins
Active Time 15 Mins
Nutrition Information: 230 Calories Fat 13g Saturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g Polyunsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 60mg
Carbohydrates 26g Dietary Fiber 3g Protein 4g
Reprinted with permission from