Chicken and Macaroni Dinner
- 4 boxes Kraft macaroni dinner
- 3 cans chicken chunks
- 1 cup powdered milk in zip-type bag
- 6 packets Cup-o-Soup, flavor of your choice
- Salt, pepper and paprika
- In large pot, heat 4 quarts of water to rolling boil. Do not salt water. Add
macaroni to water and stir constantly until boil resumes. Stir occasionally to keep
from sticking. May have to reduce heat to prevent boil over. Cook 8-9 minutes until
macaroni is tender.
- Open chicken and add chicken and juice to pot. Break up chunks of chicken with
spoon. Cook for a minute or two to heat chicken.
- Remove pot from stove (turn off heat) or fire. Use cup or ladle to dip off excess
water and use to make Cup-o-Soup as appetizer. Water remaining should be no more
than enough to cover 1/4 of macaroni. Save excess water for future use.
- Add powdered milk and cheese powder and a pinch or two of salt to pot and stir
thoroughly until cheese is melted and macaroni is well coated. If macaroni is too
thick, add a little of the saved water.
- Serve in bowls, and season with salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.