Chocolate Trail Cake
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- Melt all ingredients, except cake mix, in bottom of 12-inch Dutch oven.
- Prepare cake mix as directed (use high altitude directions if you are in the
mountains); pour batter over hot mixture in warm Dutch oven.
- Cover and bake with medium high heat (350 to 400 degrees F) for about
45 minutes. Use clean knife test to check for doneness.
- While still warm, carefully turn upside-down. Nut and coconut mixture will become
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.