Death by Bratwurst
- 5 fully cooked bratwurst
- 2 ounces pepper jack cheese
- 5 bacon slices
- 2 green onions
- 2 green bell peppers
- 5 French rolls
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cut a lengthwise slit in each bratwurst about a half-inch deep. Cut cheese into
five narrow strips and insert into slits. Wrap a slice of bacon around each, fastening
at each end with wooden picks.
- On a preheated grill, place brats cheese-side up, cover and grill for 5 to 10
minutes until bacon is crisp and cheese is melted.
- Cut onions and green peppers in long slices, place on the grill and dab with
olive oil; cook 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve brats in French rolls with cooked onions and peppers on top.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 455 calories, 30 grams fat, 24 grams carbohydrates,
20 grams protein, 66 milligrams cholesterol, 869 milligrams sodium, 2 grams dietary
fiber, 60 percent of calories from fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Camping and Hiking Recipes