Dinners in Coffee Cans
You can prepare these at home and bring to the campsite in an ice cooler. Use
coffee can only once as protective coating on can may be affected by high heat and
- 3 (1 pound) metal coffee cans
- 1 pound. ground beef
- 1/2 envelope dried onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Frozen crinkle-cut French fried potatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can whole corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix ground beef, onion soup mix and dried parsley. Make into 3 patties.
- Put 1
patty in bottom of each coffee can.
- Place onion slices on top of meat.
- Layer on
top the frozen potatoes, 1/3 corn, 1/3 mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover can tightly with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Set among hot coals for 50 to
60 minutes or until vegetables or meat are done.
Yield: 3 dinners