Dutch Oven Cake
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box cake mix
- 2 cans pie filling
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Line Dutch oven with heavy foil shiny side up.
- Grease the foil.
- Put pie filling on foil.
- Dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix cake as directed, omitting 1/2 cup water.
- Pour over pie filling.
- Place Dutch oven on a few hot coals and put a few on top of lid.
Don't surround them with coals.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.