Dutch Oven Campfire Cobbler
Any type of pie filling can be used. Cherry filling with chocolate cake makes a good combination.
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans cinnamon apple pie filling
- Line Dutch oven with foil.
- Empty pie filling into Dutch oven.
- Empty cake mix on top of pie filling and spread evenly.
- Add butter and water. DO NOT MIX.
- Place Dutch oven on 10 coals.
- Place 8 coals on lid of Dutch oven.
- Bake for about 1 hour.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.