Dutch Oven Caramel Apple Pie
Enjoying the flavor of warm apple pie under the starry night sky is easy when you begin with frozen cinnamon rolls.
- 18 Rhodes AnyTime!™ Cinnamon Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 packets cream cheese frosting (included with rolls)
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Cut each roll into 4 pieces and arrange in the bottom of a 14-inch Dutch oven
lined with aluminum foil or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, cracker crumbs and pecans. Sprinkle
evenly over cut rolls.
- Cover with lid and bake at 350 degrees F 25-30 minutes.
- For icing combine cream cheese frosting with caramel topping. Drizzle over pie
while still warm.
Prep Time: 5
Bake Time: 25-30
Dutch Oven Temperature Control using Briquets: 350 degrees F in a 14-inch Dutch
oven, oven top 18, oven bottom 10.
Recipe and photo credit:
Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com.