Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler
Contents of zip-type bag #1
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
Contents of zip-type bag #2
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pile up 25 to 30 charcoal briquettes in a firepan and let burn until they are
barely covered with ash (about 20 minutes).
- Peel 1 peach per person (in season), or use canned peaches off-season.
- Mix contents
of bag #2 with 2 cups water in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve sugar
and thicken the syrup. Place peaches into the mixture and bring to a boil again.
- Mix bag #1 with enough water to make a sticky dough. About 3/4 cup water. Squeeze
dough onto hot peaches in Dutch oven. Cover with the lid. Place Dutch oven on 5
or 6 hot charcoal briquettes and about 15 briquettes on top of the lid. Don't
peek, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Blow ash off lid before carefully lifting the lid
to check doneness.