Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler
Contents of zip-type bag #1
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
Contents of zip-type bag #2
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pile up 25 to 30 charcoal briquettes in a firepan and let burn until they are barely
covered with ash (about 20 minutes).
- Peel 1 peach per person (in season), or use canned peaches off-season.
- Mix contents of bag #2 with 2 cups water in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve sugar and thicken the syrup. Place peaches into the mixture and bring to a boil again.
- Mix bag #1 with enough water to make a sticky dough. About 3/4 cup water. Squeeze
dough onto hot peaches in Dutch oven. Cover with the lid. Place Dutch oven on 5 or 6 hot charcoal briquettes and about 15 briquettes on top of the lid. Don't peek, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Blow ash off lid before carefully lifting the lid to check doneness.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.