Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 3 large cans chicken chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) bag grated Cheddar cheese
- Medium or large bag tortilla chips
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can enchilada sauce (same size as soup)
- 1 large can refried beans
- Small onion
- Heat Dutch oven and lid over fire. Line bottom and sides of Dutch oven with foil
to minimize clean up. Cover bottom of foil-lined Dutch oven with tortilla chips,
standing some up on sides. Save some for top and for eating later.
- Gently heat refried beans in small pan, adding a little water to thin a bit,
stirring constantly to avoid burning. Spread spoonfuls of refried beans over the
chips as evenly as possible. Crumble chicken into smaller chucks and spread evenly
over the chips and beans.
- Chop half a small onion, more or less, into small pieces and sprinkle over other
- Mix together enchilada sauce and soup (use same pan as beans to save cleanup).
Heat and stir until smooth. Pour sauce mix over chips, beans and chicken. Top with
even layer of grated cheese.
- Bake in Dutch oven with medium heat, coals top and bottom, for about 30 minutes
until hot through and cheese has melted.
- Serve with extra chips.
Serves 4 to 6.
If desired, add chopped tomatoes before cheese layer.