Egg on a Raft
- Cut out a circle about 2 inches in diameter out of the center of a slice of bread.
- Toast bread slowly and lightly on both sides, using a forked stick.
- In a skillet, melt a chunk of butter.
- Put the toast in the skillet and wait until it sizzles.
- Break the egg and place it into the hole so the yolk stays put. Heat slowly and evenly.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the eggs and then cover. It will be done when the
top of the egg is white. If you have no lid, turn toast over when underside of egg is cooked.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.