Egg on a Raft
- Cut out a circle about 2 inches in diameter out of the center of a slice of bread.
- Toast bread slowly and lightly on both sides, using a forked stick.
- In a skillet, melt a chunk of butter.
- Put the toast in the skillet and wait until
- Break the egg and place it into the hole so the yoke stays put. Heat
slowly and evenly.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the eggs and then cover. It will be done when the
top of the egg is white. If you have no lid, turn toast over when underside of egg
Please SHOP HERE to support this site. We are an Amazon affiliate as a means of paying for the high cost of maintaining Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.